Thursday, January 6, 2011

Roasted Halibut with Pine Nut and Parmesan Crust

OK, I love to try new recipes and haven't posted for awhile. While my son is sleeping I thought I would post some more.

I got this wonderful dish out of the free Costco cookbook they give out during Black Friday.

1/2 Cup pine nuts, coarsely chopped
1/2 Cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
2 TBSP finely chopped fresh basil
1 galic clove, minced
2 TBSP olive oil
4 6-ounce halibut fillets
sea salt

Preheat oven to 425 degrees. In a small bowl, combine pine nuts, Parmesan cheese, garlic and oil; stir to blend. Place halibut fillets on a baking sheet and season to taste with salt. Pat the pine nut mixture onto the halibut, pressing lightly to make it stick. Bake in the center of the oven for 10-15 minutes until the fish is opaque all the way through.