Sunday, January 23, 2011

Salsa bites

1 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese-softened
1/3 cup thick and chunky salsa (+additional for topping-optional)
2 eggs-lightly beaten
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
2 T. chopped olives
1 T. chopped green onion
1 clove garlic-pressed

Preheat oven to 350*
In lg bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth.
Blend in salsa and eggs.
Stir in cheddar, olives, onions and garlic.
Lightly spray 24 mini-muffin cups with veg. oil spray; fill with cream cheese mixture.
Bake 15-18 minutes or until centers are set.
Remove from oven; cool in pan 5 minutes.
Remove from pan; cool on wire rack.
Top with additional salsa just before serving, if desired.

1 comment:

Amber said...

oh YUM! I made these to go with our dinner tonight. I have eaten three of them and dinner isn't even ready yet! I think I too "lightly" spread my muffin pan because they didn't come out as smoothly as I was hoping.