Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Best Homemade French Fries EVER!

I love my Martha Stewart Everyday Food subscription. This month is focusing on Light foods. Always good to eat better. Light or not, I adore these fries.

3 pounds russet potatoes cut lengthwise into 1/4 inch wide strips
nonstick cooking spray
4 tsp vegetable oil
coarse salt and ground pepper

In a large bowl, cover potatoes with water by 2 inches. Refrigerate at least 3 hours (or overnight).
Preheat oven to 400 degrees, with racks in upper and lower thirds. Lightly coat two rimmed baking sheets with cooking spray. Drain potatoes and pat dry; wipe out bowl. Toss potatoes in bowl with oil and season with salt and pepper. Divide potatoes between sheets and arrange in a single layer. Bake until golden and crisp, 45 minutes. Toss potatoes and rotate sheets. Bake 15 minutes more.

1 comment:

Lee Ann said...

These were yummy! I cooked them too long because I couldn't get the BBQ to light for the rest of dinner - so the fries sat in the oven too long - but I will definitely try them again!