Friday, January 14, 2011

Zucchini Bread & Butter Pickles

This recipe is a great way to use up 16 cups of zuchs ~~Maybe not today, but I won't have time this summer to post this recipe AND I am desperate for points, ladies!

If you enjoy sweet pickles, you will enjoy this recipe.

1 quart (four cups) distilled white vinegar
2 cups of sugar
3 tablespoons canning salt
2 teaspoons celery seed
2 teaspoons turmeric
1 teaspoons of dill weed
1 teaspoon dry mustard
4 quarts (16 cups)sliced zucchini (I used small yellow & green)
1 quart (4 cups) sliced onion (pick your favorite, I use white)

•Bring vinegar, sugar, salt & spices to a boil.
•Pour over freshly sliced veggies and let stand one hour.
•Bring veggie mixture to boil and cook for three minutes.
•Pack into hot, sterilized jars. Seal.
Process 10 minutes.
•Makes 6-7 pints

That lil touch note: I wanted to be sure and mention that when I slice my zuchs, I used my Pampered Chef crinkle cutter. I love the presentation.

No comments: