Friday, January 21, 2011

Sweet and Salty Party Mix

I made this for our family game night tonight. I got this recipe from Pampered Chef. I love me some Pampered Chef.

5 C popped popcorn
3 C miniture pretzel twists
2 C dry-roasted salted peanuts
2 C oven-toasted rice cereal squares
1 C butter
1 C packed brown sugar
1/3 corn syrup
1 tsp baking soda

Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Mix popcorn, pretzels, peanuts, and cereal in a large bowl. Melt butter, brown sugar, and syrup in a sauce pan over medium heat stirring occasionally until mixture comes to a boil. Let boil 3 minutes and do not stir. Remove from heat and stir in baking soda. Pour caramal sauce over popcorn mixture and stir to coat.
Pour onto a baking sheet and bake in oven for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from oven. Pour mix onto parchment paper and let cool completely. Break mixture into small cluster.

Recipes says to not use dark brown sugar because it makes the mixture look different (like it is burnt). That was all I had so I used it and it turned out fine.

No comments: