Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Super Yummy Granola Bars -Nut free

I got this recipe from a friend whose child has nut allergies. I love granola bars but don't like how much they cost. I love this recipe, last time I made it I think I ate all of it and no one else in my family got any!

3 1/2 C quick-cooking rolled oats
1 C raisins
1/2 C pumpkin seeds
2/3 C butter, melted
1/4 C brown sugar, firmly packed
1/4 C honey
1 egg beaten
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
I always add chocolate chips, can also add dried fruit

Place oats on a baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. Combine all ingredients, mix well. (I wait for it to cool alittle before adding the chocolate chips otherwise they melt and it is a chocolate granola bar) Press firmly into 8x11.5x2" pan sprayed with cooking spray. Bake at 350 for 15 minutes. Cool

No comments: