Thursday, January 13, 2011

Crockpot Tamale Pie

Ingredients:

1 lb lean ground beef, browned
3/4 cup yellow corn meal
1 1/2 cup milk
1 egg, beaten
1 pkg. chili seasoning mix
1 T seasoned salt
1 can tomatoes, cut up
1 whole kernel corn, drained
2 1/4 oz. sliced ripe olives, drained (or slice your own)
1 cup cheddar cheese, grated

Stir together cornmeal, milk and egg.

Add rest of ingredients, except cheese.

Pour into crockpot, cover, cook on high 3 to 4 hours.

Sprinkle cheese over top, cover and cook another 5 minutes.

Top with favorite taco toppings: sour cream, lettuce, etc.

4 comments:

Lee Ann said...

ooooh, tamale pie (a new recipe) is on the menu this month. I may just have to change things up and try your recipe :)

Sena said...

I am trying this one for the first time tonight! It sounds so good! Will let you know how it turns out.

Sena said...

I Loved it! Skyler, 2, would not even try it, though! He is my picky one! We will definitely have this again! I served it over shredded lettuce with cheese and Doritos on top! The only bad thing was trying it on the second day of my diet!

Lee Ann said...

Had this for dinner last night! I'm running into snags trying to find recipes on here I can easily change to gluten free. This one was - almost :) No chili packet so I just used chili powder, but it wasn't spicy enough. Salsa on the top helped :) And PLENTY of left overs! Love me some left overs for lunch!