Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Pork Fried Rice

I absolutely LOVE chinese food. There is a wonderful resturant where I grew up that serves the best chinese food. I have yet to find a place down here that has good chinese. I welcome any suggestions! I make this dish a lot as a side to potstickers, almond chicken, spring rolls, etc
I got this recipe from my Betty Crocker cookbook.

1 C bean sprouts (I usually leave these out to make it more like the one I love)
2 TBSP vegetable oil
1 C sliced mushrooms (again, I leave these out)
3 C cold cooked regular long-grain rice
1 C cut-up cooked pork
2 medium green onions, sliced
2 large eggs, slightly beaten
3 TBSP soy sauce
Dash of white pepper

Rinse bean sprouts with cold water, drain. Heat 1 TBSP of the oil in 10-inch skillet over medium heat; rotate skillet until oil covers bottom. Cook mushrooms in oil about 1 minute, stirring frequently, until coated. Add bean sprouts, rice, pork and onions. Cook over medium heat about 5 minutes, stirring and breaking up rice, until hot. Move rice mixture to side of skillet. Add the remaining TBSP of oil to other side of skillet. Cook eggs in oil over medium heat, stirring constantly, until eggs are thickened throughout but still moist. Stir eggs into rice mixture. Stir in soy sauce and white pepper.

1 comment:

Julie D. said...

the only chinese place we have found and liked is MARS chinese food on 164th in the parking lot with Studio 162 and the Starbucks drive-thru.