Monday, January 10, 2011

Dairy Free Coconut Milk Pancakes

My littlest one has a dairy intolerance, and I was so happy to see this recipe in last months Cooking Light magazine! We have tried them a couple of times now, and I'm so happy to find a recipe my whole family likes that the dairy free girl can eat too! I doubled this to make enough for my fam of 5.

1 C All purpose flour (I used Whole Wheat Pastry flour)
1 Tbsp sugar (I used honey)
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 C light coconut milk ( used the refrigerated unsweetened kind in a carton)
1/2 Tbsp Canola Oil
1 Egg

Whisk together dry ingredients, Separately whisk together egg, coconut milk and oil. I added 1 tsp vanilla also.

Cook like regular pancakes! Pretty darn good. My hubby says he prefers his buttermilk pancakes, but...I'm not planning to make 2 versions of pancakes on any given morning. Although, I could make these up and freeze them for the little miss, and then just make our regular pancakes for the rest of us when I'm making pancakes.

2 comments:

Alisa said...

I didn't see this one in Cooking Light (love that magazine!). Thanks for posting it.

Dee said...

did you say "COCONUT"!! OH my, you know what that does to me!