Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Crepes

I make crepes for special occasions. And since Jesus' birthday is pretty special, we usually have these for breakfast on Christmas morning.

When I make these, I always think of my father-in-law and his mom. I never met her but she use to make these for 12 kids (8 of them boys) on a wood burning stove to boot!

Don't let these thin pancakes called crepes intimidate you, they are easier to make than you think!

1 cup of milk
3 eggs, well beaten
3/4 c. flour
1 T. sugar
1/4 t. salt
4-6 cups of favorite fruit
whip creme

Lightly sugar 4-6 cups of favorite fruit, set aside. I often use my canned peaches alone or combine it with another berry like blueberries or blackberries.


Beat milk into well beaten eggs.

Sift together flour, sugar and salt into milk mixture. Beat with electric mixer (I use my immersion blender) until batter is smooth. From experience, every lump is exposed so make sure it's silky smooth. :0)

Pour about 2 tablespoons batter into a lightly buttered 8" skillet, preheated over med-high heat. Begin at once to rotate pan to spread the batter evenly over the bottom.

Turn once; cook until light, golden brown on both sides.

Repeat, buttering skillet for each baking.

Makes about 14-16 crepes

No comments: