Monday, September 1, 2008

Funky Spaghetti

I got this off the "Nake Chef" a few years ago when he was on Oprah, back when I watched Oprah. This is so so so easy and it is perfect for right now when the fresh tomatoes are so awesome. All my kids love it, especially the girls. Kadie ate 4 bowls for lunch the other day and even Issie loves it. Jack is not a tomato man but I just pick out the big pieces and he loves it too. So here it is, keep in mind I am the cook that does not measure, I just throw stuff together so I am doing my best with the quantities. It does not have to be perfect, it always turns out good for us.


1 lb or less Angel Hair pasta
11-14 cherry tomatoes
2 handfuls of fresh basil
6-8 Tbsp olive oil
1 clove chopped garlic ( I usually just use a spoon of bottled chopped garlic, it's easier)
splash red wine vinegar ( I use balsamic, it is usually what I have on the counter)
salt and pepper
Parmesan cheese

Cook pasta, (it only takes 4-6 minutes). In a separate bowl, smash tomatoes ( I do this with my hands, it is messy but easy) and mix with torn basil and other ingredients, except Parmesan. Don’t drain pasta – use tongs to place in bowl of tomato mixture with some of hot water. Toss to mix sprinkle with Parmesan cheese – serve immediately.

Simple and delicious. We eat it for lunch, for dinner, with some bread or a salad. I also will entertain with this and have it beside the Foccacia Pesto Sandwich, it is a perfect combo. Enjoy.