Saturday, September 13, 2008

Fish Tacos

I got this from Better Homes and Gardens. It is a staple in our house and the kids love them!

1 pound fresh or frozen skinless cod (I use halibut)
2 Tbsp butter or margarine, melted
1/4 tsp ground cumin
1/8 tsp garlic powder
3 Tbsp mayonnaise or salad dressing
1 tsp lime juice
1 1/2 C packaged coleslaw mix without dressing
8 corn taco shells

Thaw fish, if frozen. Cut fish into 3/4-inch slices. Place in a single layer in greased shallow baking pan. Combine butter, cumin, and garlic powder. Brush over fish. Bake in 450 degree oven for 4-6 minutes or until fish flakes when tested with a fork.

Meanwhile, stir together mayo and lime juice. Add cabbage; toss to coat. Place fish in taco shell, add cabbage mixture, and enjoy.

8 comments:

Lee Ann said...

I can't wait to try this! I love fish tacos but the fish is usually breaded and I can't eat it.

Julie D. said...

those sound awesome!

Julie D. said...

trying these tonight!

Julie D. said...

they were great! i used mahi mahi...and salted it too. :(...and used cheese on the tacos...i guess i don't know how to be healthy! ;) I might try the lime sour cream dressing that lynne miller gave us a couple years ago at moms next time. it would be yummy on these. thanks, amber.

Amber said...

I am so excited to know that someone tried one of my recipes!!!

Lee Ann said...

Oh my goodness! So good! I hadn't had a fish taco in years. I used cod. Everyone loved them....except child number one who doesn't eat tortillas. But she ate the fish - go figure. I loved the lime in the slaw. Can't wait for the last little bits for lunch today. Yummy!

Julie D. said...

so this is my new favorite meal...it is so easy and yummy. Used Cod this time. I definitely liked the mahi mahi better...but ryan liked the cod better. anyways...you guys have to try lynne miller's sour cream salsa with lime on these...

1/2 c. sour cream, 1/4c. mayo, 1/2 c. drained salsa, fresh chopped cilantro, 1/2 squeezed lime, and 1 TBSP. ranch dressing mix.

She uses this on her chipolte pork tacos but this was so yummy on the fish and coleslaw. Got it from the handouts she passed out a year or two ago.

Dee said...

On my menu for next week! sounds devine!