Saturday, September 6, 2008

Yummy and Easy Chicken Pot Pie

Alright Julie, I'm coming out of hiding!
I've been lurking here for a long time and have tried alot of the recipes. So here is my first.


This recipe came from Mara, but we make this all the time, so now I claim it as mine!!

My kids LOVE this and it is super easy to put together. I often make two and freeze the second to use as a meal in a pinch or to give away when a friend needs a meal.


Chicken Pot Pie

Pie Crust for top and bottom of 9" pie
2 C. cooked chicken, diced or shredded
1- 15oz can of Veg-All Original Mixed Vegetables (DRAINED)
1- 10 3/4 oz can of Campbells Cream of Potato Soup
1/2 C. milk
Thyme to taste
Pepper to taste

Place bottom pie crust in 9" pie plate
Mix remaining ingredients together in a bowl
Pour into pie pan
Add top crust, crimp and cut vent slits

Cook in 375 (preheated) oven 40-45 minutes
Allow to cool 5 minutes before serving.

My Shortcuts and Hints:
*I usually use the Pilsbury premade pie dough, just because it is convenient and my mother never taught me the secret to her excellent pie crust.
*Whenever we have a store bought rotisserie chicken I pull the leftovers off the bone and freeze them until I have enough for a pie.
*If I am making two pies at the same time I will use an extra can of Veg-All split between the two pies just to sneak in a few more veggies.
*Do not salt the ingredients before tasting. The Veg-All is salty already, and you could end up with too much salt!

ENJOY!

3 comments:

Eryn said...

I have benefited from this pot pie a couple of times! It's yummy, and my big boy loved it! (Jack was a newborn, otherwise, I'm sure he would've enjoyed it too.)

Gramma 2 Many said...

You never asked.

Lynne Paulus said...

Oh I remember having this from Trish and it is awesome! The whole family loved it and we didn't think we were too into pot pie, but we were wrong!