Saturday, September 13, 2008

Monster Cookies

My mom and I always made a FULL batch of these every Christmas. The first Christmas after I quit eating wheat she called me and said "Lee Ann! There's no flour in Monster Cookies!" I was SOOOO excited.

The recipe is HUGE! In black is the full recipe, in red is 1/4 of a recipe. I think you're probably supposed to make the cookies really big, but I just make normal sized cookies.

Monster cookies

cream:
1 dozen eggs (3)
4 cups sugar (1 c.)
2 lb brown sugar (1 c.)
1 lb margarine (I use butter) (1 cube)

add:
2 T. vanilla (1/2 T.)
2 T. white (karo) syrup (1/2 T.)
8 tsp. soda (2 tsp.)
18 cups quick oats (4-1/2 c.)
3 lb. peanut butter (Adams works too) (1-1/3c.)
1 lb. chocolate chips (3/4 c.)
1 lb. m&m's (3/4 c.)

Bake at 350 for 7-8 minutes. cool 1 minute on cookie sheet then remove

4 comments:

Amber said...

I can't wait to make these. My mother-in-law can't eat wheat and I am always looking for yummies that I can bake for her because I love to bake. Thank you

Amber said...

So, I made these today and the did not turn out. They were not cooked all the way through at the end of 9 minutes and when they were cooked they were flat and very hard. What did I do wrong? I would love the advice. Thank you.

Lee Ann said...

I will double check the recipe! I hope I didn't type something wrong. They are usually almost "fat" cookies.

Lee Ann said...

I double checked all the ingredients. These cookies are very soft when they come out of the oven. You have to let them cool at least a minute on the sheet before you try and remove them or they will fall apart. Once they cool they are soft and chewy.

I'm so sorry they didn't work!