Tuesday, September 2, 2008

White Bean Chicken Chili

**** edited 11-1-11***** I have another soup recipe where you put the chicken breast in RAW so I decided to save myself a step and try it with this soup. It was soooo yummy and moist. So you might just try dumping everything in the pot with a whole breast. Just before serving shred the chicken and eat. :)

This is really Kelly's recipe so I'll give her credit. We eat this A LOT in the winter.....and Julie wanted chili and Meredith wanted crock-pot so here ya go girls.



Fix and Forget White Chili

12 oz boneless, skinless chicken breast cooked and cubed
3-15 oz cans navy beans rinsed and drained
2 1/2 cups chicken broth
2-4 1/2 oz cans diced green chili peppers
1 medium onion, chopped
1 1/2 tsp. cumin seeds (I just use ground cumin)
1 1/2 tsp minced garlic (3 cloves)
1/4 - 1 tsp cayenne pepper
1/4 tsp salt

1. Place beans in slow cooker; mash slightly with a potato masher
2. Add everything else and cook on low 7-8 hrs or high 3-4 hrs.
3. Serve with sour cream and avocado if desired
Makes 6 main dish servings

Enjoy!

Just an added easy tip. When I'm cooking chicken to shred (sometimes I boil it or sometimes I put it in the microwave) I cook a lot of it at once. Then a shred it, put it in ziploc bags and freeze it. Then the next time I want to make chili, enchiladas, chicken salad etc. I don't have to cook the chicken.

4 comments:

Julie D. said...

fine, leeann, you are going to make this confusing for me now too! Since you took the time to post it... I'll give this one to you! ;) sounds yummy!

KellyD said...

I was going to post this one when I saw the chili request but I did not have it on my computer. I think Lee Ann makes it more than me so she should get the credit. It is delicious. I love the tip on making a bunch of chicken at once, why have I never thought of that, I use shredded chicken in so many things.

Meredith said...

Thanks Lee Ann and Kelly! Lee Ann, I've got a roast cooking in the crock... I'll let you know how it goes.

Eryn said...

I was seriously about to email Kelly for this recipe! THANKS!!