Thursday, September 4, 2008

Pot Roast

This was originally called Texas Burger, but this is also how I do a pot roast sometimes. It's a little on the salty side for me so sometimes I don't add the whole packet of soup mix.

Texas Burger

1 3-4 pound Chuck Roast
1 1/2 cup water
2 T. soy sauce
2 T. Worcester sauce
1 pkg of dry onion soup mix
salt and pepper

Salt and pepper roast. Brown on both sides. (I've been known to skip this step when I'm feeling lazy although I'm sure it does probably add more flavor). Place in crock pot and pour on all ingredients. Cook all day on low until it falls apart. Pull apart and make beef sandwiches.

Or..... A couple of hours before it's done, add some quartered potatoes of any kind and some carrots. Then you have more of a traditional pot roast meal.

1 comment:

Meredith said...

Yumm... I'll do this next time I make a roast. I did my first one on Monday and was so nervous. Turned out good though.