Sunday, September 7, 2008

Mom's Easy Microwave Carmel Corn

My mom helped pay our way to my 8th Grade washington DC trip by selling this yummy stuff at our school Christmas bazaar, it's so yummy!

1/2 Cup butter
1 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup light corn syrup
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp baking soday
dash of salt

Pop 1 cupof popcorn in air popper and pour into large paper bag (the kind you get at the grocery store). Melt butter in 1 quart bowl in microwave. Add brown sugar, syrup and salt; stir well. Microwave on high 3 minutes without stirring. Stir, add vanilla and soda (it gets foamy)-stir well. Pour over popcorn. Stir, then close bag and shake to coat. Place closed baby in microwave; cook one to one and half minutes on high. Shake again; then cook another one to one and a half minutes longer. Open bag and cool. Break apart, store in air tight bag or container.


3 comments:

Lee Ann said...

Ok, I'll have to try it. It's sure easier than mine. No candy thermometer involved !

Lee Ann said...

So good! So easy! I may never go back to the old way. And the best part was my kids were able to help and now ask every day if we can make this. I only have one more paper bag :-)

Eryn said...

Lee Ann, I just came back to get my recipe for our upcoming camp out, rest assured, I won't put my baby in the microwave! :) LOL!!