Friday, September 19, 2008

Shredded Pork Tacos

I made this and froze it for a friend. She said the tacos were great. I put the pork in a zip lock bag and placed the tortillas in an aluminum freezer container with the pork. I got this from Better Homes and Garden cookbook.

1 3lb boneless pork shoulder blade roast
8 cloves garlic, minced ( I use less)
2 tsp ground coriander
2 tsp ground cumin
2 tsp dried oregano, crushed
1 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
1/2 tsp ground red pepper
1 C beef broth ( I use chicken broth)

Trim fat from meat. In a small bowl combine garlic, coriander, cumin, oregano, onion powder, salt, black pepper, and red pepper; rub into meat. Place meat in crock pot; add broth. Cover and cook on low heat setting for 8 to 10 hours or on high-heat for 4 to 5 hours. Shred with two forks. Serve with the normal taco fixings.

1 comment:

Lynne Paulus said...

This recipe was awesome! We loved loved the tacos and it made so much I froze 2 qt. ziplocs full of leftover meat! I love cooking once and getting multiple meals! Thanks Amber!