Monday, September 22, 2008

Chicken Spaghetti

My family requests this cheesy dish almost weekly. Another Arkansas favorite! I never saw processed cheese cooked with until I lived down South & I have to admit this is delicious. My hubby loves this & he hates processed cheese. I served this at my daughter's 2 year old birthday party & all the kiddos scarfed it down. (I have to admit I'm feeling a little vulnerable posting all the "not so perfectly healthy meals" that we eat regularly!) Maybe next I'll post a veggie dish or something!

*this does freeze well too. Prepare as stated below, but don't bake it in the oven. When ready to eat, thaw and bake as recipes states.

12 oz. approx. Noodles-(thin spaghetti is the standard but you could use any kind you like)
4 Chicken Breasts-boneless, skinless
1 can Cream of Mushroom soup
1 can Cream of Chicken soup
1/2 jar Cheese Whiz
1/2 jar Pimento Cheese spread
Grated cheddar cheese
Lemon Pepper to taste

Boil noodles & chicken separately (I sometimes just cook the chicken in the Micro too)
Chop chicken into bite sized pieces. In hot pan used previously, add soups and cheeses and mix together. (The hot pan will melt the cheeses). Ad chicken & noodles to pot. Stir all together. Place mixture in 9x13 baking dish & top with cheddar cheese. Add Lemon Pepper to taste. Bake UNcovered @ 350 degrees for 30 min.

2 comments:

Amber said...

I would like to try this one. Is the cheese wiz the stuff that comes in the can? Where would I find the pimento cheese spread, chip and dip asile?

Lynne Paulus said...

Cheese-Whiz is the one that comes in the jar, and so does the Pimento chesse spread actually. Both can be found usually in the cracker isle. The pimento cheese is a pretty little jar just FYI. Also, I have seen variations where people add olives or peppers etc. too but I never have b/c that wouldn't go over well here! Enjoy!