Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Tangy Meatballs

Sorry I don't know who brought the yummy dish to Mom's, but here's some really good meatballs. These are from my mom and they're a family favorite!

Tangy Meatballs
2 eggs
2 cups quick oats
1 (12 oz) can evaporated milk
1 cup chopped onion
2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp garlic powder
3 lbs ground beef

Sauce
2 cups ketchup
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 tsp liquid smoke
1/2 tsp garlic powder

In a large bowl beat eggs. Add oats, milk, onion, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Mix and add ground beef. Mix well. Shape into 1 1/2 inch balls. Place in two 9x13 pans. Bake uncovered at 375 for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and drain. Place all of the meatballs in one pan. In saucepan bring all sauce ingredients to a boil. Pour over meatballs. Return to oven and bake uncovered for 20 minutes or until done.

Makes 4 dozen.....Great for a party

4 comments:

Dee said...

You always provide a recipe that I need just in the knick of time. You are amazing! If time allows, I may try making these this weekend.

Robin said...

What is liquid smoke and where would I get it? I've never heard of it, but this recipe sounds very yummy!!

Lee Ann said...

Robin, liquid smoke is a smoky flavoring. I haven't bought it in so long I'm not sure where you find it. Any store will have it and I'm thinking it's probably in with the spices or condiments. I'll look next time I go.

Jenn F said...

These were great! I cut the recipe in half and made them for dinner last week and the whole family loved them :). I served them with rice and a salad. The leftovers were great too. I didn't have liquid smoke so I just left it out and they still tasted yummy!