Monday, April 7, 2008

Left Over Ham

I'm sure you are all tired of me talking about Easter. Since Easter, I have had some people ask me what to do with the leftovers. Yes, I am a bit delayed but just have not had a chance to post the recipes. Besides, I'll just be early for the next ham dinner.

My first response to this quesiton is to always cut the excess fat and put leftover meat in ziplock baggies and throw it in the freezer until you know what to do with it. I put my ham in quart-sized freezer bags with about 1 - 1 1/2 pounds of ham in it. And of course do not throw away the bone until you have made your favorite soup with it.
Here are my ideas and I will post recipes as I have time. Some do not need recipes, it may just spark an idea for you to embellish.

Breakfast Ideas:
Ham & Cheese Omelet
Denver Omelet
Oven Omelet
Scrambled Eggs & Ham (Add green dye and read the Dr. Seuss book)
Eggs Benedict
Farmer's Casserole
Ham & Asparagus Strata
Ham & Cheese Quiche
Lunch:
Ham Salad Sandwich
Grilled Cheese & Ham Sandwich
Dinner:
Ham Scalloped Potatoes
Ham & Pasta Skillet
Chicken Cordon Bleu
Split Pea & Ham Soup (similar to Michelle's)


Blessings,
Dee Gee

No comments: