Thursday, April 10, 2008

Peanut Butter Pudding Dessert

I made this for bible study the other night and everyone wanted seconds. They had so many good things to say about it so I thought I'd post it.

Peanut Butter Pudding Dessert

1 cup flour
1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
1 1/2 cups chopped cashews, divided
8 oz cream cheese
1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
1 cup powdered sugar
12 oz cool whip, divided
2 2/3 cup milk
3.9 oz instant chocolate pudding
3.4 oz instant vanilla pudding
1.55 oz milk chocolate bar, coarsely chopped

Place flour and butter in food processor. Pulse until resembles course crumbs. Add 1 cup cashews; pulse until combined.

Press into greased 9x13 pan. Bake at 350 for 25-28 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely.

In a small bowl beat cream cheese, peanut butter and powdered sugar until smooth. Fold in 1 cup cool whip. Spoon over crust

In another bowl, whisk milk and both pudding mixes for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes. Spread over cream cheese layer. Top with remaining cool whip. Sprinkle with chopped candy bar and remaining cashews. Refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving.

Yield 12-16 servings.....unless they have seconds.

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Dee said...

My hubby would so love this. I should make this for him sometime. I'm not much of a baker but trying to make an effort.

Annette said...

i think i just gained 5 pounds, reading this, then imagining myself eating the whole pan! I love Peanut Butter desserts!!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, my. That looks sooo good. I've got to try this. Thanks for sharing it! -Julia :-)

((What a pretty site this is!))