Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Mexican Chicken

This is a new family favorite! My husband laughed at me when he saw me cutting this recipe out of the reynolds wrap box, but now he loves it. There is actually a method to my madness of clipping recipes off of everything :). Jenn

4 Boneless skinless chicken breasts (or cut two large ones in half depending on how much your family eats)
4 sheets of Heavy duty foil or use 8 sheets of regular foil (putting two together for each packet)
1 cup chunky salsa (I use medium for ours and mild for the kids)
1 15 oz. can red kidney beans
1 cup shredded Mexican blend or cheddar cheese

Preheat oven to 450

-Place one piece of chicken on each sheet of foil
-spoon salsa over each piece
-spoon beans over each piece
-Fold top and sides of foil into individual packets leaving space inside for air circulation
-Place on a cookie sheet (since each packet may differ in size of chicken piece or have spicy or mild salsa; I write our initials on each packet so I can tell them a part at the end).

Bake 15 to 18 minutes and sprinkle with cheese before serving. This is great over rice! My kids request this every time I ask for dinner ideas :). Enjoy!

No comments: