Thursday, March 6, 2008

Rotisserie Chicken Noodle Soup

Servings: 6
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time 20 minutes
I am constantly trying to find ways to use my leftovers. I like this recipe using my leftover rotisserie cooked chicken.
Ingredients:
1 rotisserie cooked chicken (Did you know the ones at Costco are Foster Farms with no steroids or hormones added)
2 tsp. oil (I use EVOO)
1 chopped onion
2 medium carrots sliced
2 stalks of celery, sliced
1/8 tsp of pepper
8 cups of chicken broth
3/4 cup favorite pasta
Add favorite spices

1. Remove skin and bones from chicken. I just shred it right off with my fork or fingers. Set aside.
2. Heat saucepan and oil over medium to medium-high heat. Add carrots, cook for about one minute, add onions, celery, and favorite spices. Cook until slightly tender.
3. Add chicken broth. Bring to boil.
4. Stir in favorite pasta and shredded chicken. Reduce heat to medium. Cook for about 10 minutes or until pasta is tender but still firm.

I trippled this recipe last night. So I had dinner and two freezer meals for another time.

Blessings,
Delores Gaudet

3 comments:

Lee Ann said...

If nothin' else, my sinuses could use a good dose of this good soup! How many chickens did you use when you trippled it?

Dee said...

I bought two. We ate a half of one and had 1 1/2 rotisserie chickens left.

Unknown said...

This was so good! I used egg noodles and doubled the amount called for. I also added a couple cloves of fresh garlic. To cut down on sodium, I used two cans low sodium and two cans regular broth. I didn't add any other salt, and used thyme, bay leaves and black pepper to season. My husband absolutely loved it and said it was exactly what he had envisioned when he said he wanted home made chicken noodle soup for dinner tonight. This is definitely a recipe I'll repeat!