Thursday, March 6, 2008

Morning Muffins

Edited: I left out the coconut the first time.

Cream:
1/4 cup soft butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
Add:
2 eggs
1 cup sour cream
1 cup shredded carrots
1/2 cup coconut
1/2 cup raisins
Beat the above ingredients then add:
1 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup chopped walnuts

Stir just until moistened.
Bake at 375 for 20-25 minutes. Yield 12 muffins

I eat one of these with yogurt nearly every morning for breakfast. I keep them in the freezer, pop them in the microwave for 35 seconds and presto! I love them because they have so much "stuff" in them, that when I make them with gluten-free flour, you can't really tell at all.

Lee Ann

9 comments:

Dee said...

Would you by chance have any nutritional info on this recipe?
I'm mainly interested in the calorie value. If not, no biggie.

Dee said...

Oh, ps. Do you think I could use light sour cream?

Michelle P said...

These sound so good and nutritional! Can't wait to try them!

Lee Ann said...

I just looked up the origninal recipe, and there isn't any nutritional info. I've been thinking to try and figure it out myself just so I know what I'm eating. I always use light sour cream.

Lee Ann said...

Here's what I came up with.
Butter: 400
Brown sugar: 90
2 eggs: 140
Light sour cream: 240
Coconut: 210
raisins: 260
....divided by 12 is 112 calories
I don't know the calories on the carrots, walnuts or flour so that would add more to it.

Dee said...

Oh goodie! Something new for breakfast. Thank you so very much for spending your time figuring out the calorie value. That was very generous of you!

letty said...

Calories dont matter when you eat 5 per day. I just made this recipe today and I think I am currently eating my 5th muffin.

You can call me Letty Muffin Butt!
All that to say these are awesome but I will try some adding crushed pineapple and maybe whole wheat flour.

letty said...

Okay, I am addicted to these muffins. This time I added vanilla yogurt instead of the sour cream. Huge calorie reduction and great outcome! I also added cranraisins and they were great too. I will probably keep these in the recipe.
Til I try something new and update you. I sign off.
letty muffinbutt

Jennifer said...

mmmmm...that's what I think of these muffins. I'm making them for Grandparents day at Sam's school. Now, I know they wouldn't be muffins anymore if I put vanilla frosting with coconut on top, but doesn't that sound good:) Great recipe LeeAnn!