Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Potatoes with Ranch Dressing

I love eating my mashed potatoes with ranch dressing. When I saw this recipe in this months Martha Stewart Everyday Food, I knew I had to try it. It is much better than ranch out of the bottle, and I am sure more healthy too!

In a medium pot, bring 1 pound small potatoes (I used red potatoes) to a boil over high heat in salted water and cook until tender when pierced with a knife, about 10 minutes. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together 1/2 C low-fat buttermilk, 1/4 C sour cream or greek yogurt, and 2 TBSP mayonnaise. Stir in 1 to 2 TBSP finely chopped fresh herbs, such as parsley, chives, or basil (I used basil), 3/4 tsp fresh thyme leaves (I only had dried so just guessed how much), and 1 small garlic clove, minced; season with coarse salt and fresh ground pepper. Drain potatoes and add to dressing. Toss to combine and serve immediately.

No comments: