Thursday, February 17, 2011

Caramel Corn

I love, love, love this yummy stuff! I was so excited when I got the recipe seveal years ago. I even pack the ingredients when I go out of town so I can make it. I hope you like it as well.

6 C popped popcorn (about 1/4 C unpopped)
1/2 C packed brown sugar
1/4 C butter
2 TBSP light corn syrup
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking soda

Heat oven to 200 degrees. Put popcorn in an oven safe pan. (I use my 11x13 Pyrex) Save for later.
Put brown sugar, butter, corn syrup and salt in a saucepan. Cook over medium heat stirring occasionally until bubbly around the edges. Keep cooking for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove the saucepan from heat. Stir in baking soda until the mixture is foamy. Quickly pour caramel over popcorn and stir until popcorn is coated.
Bake in oven for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Cool for 15 minutes (or burn your mouth because you can't wait) before serving.

No comments: