Thursday, May 1, 2008

Honey-Ginger Chicken Stir Fry

I got this recipe when I was in a freezer cooking group last year. We still eat it a lot.

1/4 cup honey
1 1/2 tsp lemon juice
3 to 4 tsp soy sauce (I use light)
1 tsp ground ginger
1 1/4 lbs boneless, skinless chicken, cut into pieces (I like dark meat)
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 Tbs oil
16 0z frozen stir fry veggies
4-6 cups cooked rice

In a small bowl, combine the honey, soy sauce, lemon juice and ginger; set aside. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, stir-fry chicken in oil for 3-4 minutes or until lightly browned. Add veggies; stir-fry 3-4 minutes longer or until veggies are crisp-tender. (This usually takes longer than that for me.) Stir honey mixture and stir into chicken/veggie mixture. Cook for 3-5 minutes or until heated through and chicken juices run clear. Serve over rice.

Yield: 4 servings.

For the ladies in my small group who have trouble getting dinner on the table (me included!), cut the chicken and make the sauce while your kids are napping. Then, all you have to do is throw it in the pan.

3 comments:

Amy said...

Hey LeeAnn! Meredith just forwarded me this blogspot and I recognized this recipe right away! I'm glad you are still enjoying it! I'm in another freezer group here in AZ and this recipe is the one I'm going to do next!

Jenn F said...

I made this the other night for dinner and it was quite tasty and easy to make! Everyone liked it except for my 4 year old who said the chicken was "too hot for her mouth". I haven't cooked with ginger before and I think it was the ginger zip that she was tasting. I don't think it was too spicy at all though :). Thanks Lee Ann!

Eryn said...

Making this one tonight!