Friday, May 2, 2008

Quick and Easy Tortellini

So I have many less than 15 min meals and they are all family favorites, mostly because mom is not stressed out at dinner time. I am a pasta, bread and tomato lover so most of my recipes include these things.

1 pkg frozen cheese tortellini ( I get the Rosetta brand at Winco for $2.75)
1 pkg Knorr 4 cheese sauce (made as directed but I use skim milk and butter)
1 chicken breast, boiled and then shredded (I usually buy the frozen breasts at Winco and then I always have some when I need it, one chicken breast goes a long way when it is shredded)
10 grape tomatoes, sliced in half.
grated Parmesan

I make the tortellini as directed, only takes about 3-5 min, and the Knorr sauce (about 5-7 min), and boil one chicken breast. I shred the chicken, slice the tomatoes and add them with the tortellini and sauce, then sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and serve. It serves 2 adults and 2-3 kids. You can add a salad and bread if you like. This is my comfort food, I make it at least once a week and sometimes even for lunch. Enjoy.

No comments: