Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Chicken Bow Tie Pasta

After eating Kelly's bowtie sausage pasta last night for dinner (which I HIGHLY reccommend!), I thought I should post this recipe. This is one of my family's favorite pasta dishes (I got it from my Southern Living Magazine). It has a few similar ingredients to Kelly's dish, but it's different enough that you should definitely try them both :). I have served this to company a couple of times and it always gets great reviews! Enjoy!

1 16oz. package bow tie pasta
3 skinned and boned cicken breasts ( I use 2 if they are really large)
3/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/3 cup olive oil
1 (8.5 oz.) jar sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained
3/4 cup chicken broth
1/2 cup white wine (I have used savaniogn blanc and chardonnay)
1/4 cup chopped fresh basil (I use 1 Tablespoon dried)
4 cloves garlic, minced or just use a garlic press like I do
1tsp. dried italian seasoning
1/8 tsp. dried crushed red pepper
1 (12oz.) package fresh broccoli florets
Parmesan cheese

1. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and keep warm. I place it back in the pot and put the lid on it.

2. Cut chicken into 1 inch cubes. Sprinkle evenly with the salt and pepper. Saute chicken in the hot olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat 5 minutes or until done. Remove chicken from skillet with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels. Do not drain the oil from the skillet. Cover chicken with foil to keep warm while it drains on paper towels.

3. Add sun dried tomatoes and next 6 ingredients to skillet; bring to a boil over medium heat. Stir in broccoli and cook 5 minutes or until broccoli is tender. Stir occasionally.

4. Place warm chicken and pasta in very large serving dish. Pour skillet ingredients over the pasta and chicken and mix together evenly. Top with parmesan cheese. Serve with extra parmesan on the table.

3 comments:

Jenn F said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
One- said...

Tried the pasta tonight. Made just a few changes. I don't cook with wine, so I just added a bit more chicken stock, and then a bit of cream. I also threw some frozen peas in after I mixed it all together. For a final little kick, I pan fried up a bit of pancetta and crumbled it on top of everyones bowl. I've been watching Rachael Ray too much. Lol! My name is Kim, and my sister Shannon, designed your blog. I am so excited to have found your blog and recipes. Thanks for sharing!!

Lynne Paulus said...

I can attest that this recipe is wonderful! We had this at Jenn's house once and all loved it including my 3 year old. Thanks for posting this Jenn!