Friday, August 8, 2008

yummy yummy in my tummy


Peanut Butter Honey Popcorn


So so easy! My mom used to always make peanut butter popcorn for a camping treat when I was a little girl and since we're getting ready to go camp for a week, I decided to hunt down the recipe. It's so good, OOPS, we ate most of it, and now I need to make another batch for camping!

2 quarts (I did about 4 and it worked well) of POPPED pop corn
1/2 Cup Honey (can substitute light corn syrup)
1/2 Cup sugar
1/2 Cup Peanut Butter
1/2 tsp Vanilla

Bring Honey and Sugar to a rolling boil. Remove from Heat and add peanut butter and vanilla. Mix until smooth and well blended (but don't let it cool to much). Then, pour over the popcorn and stir until all coated. Spread on a lightly greased cookie sheet or 2 to cool and set up (until not sticky, it will still be kind of chewy). Takes about 15 minutes and is sooooo good.

Enjoy a yummy snack! Eryn

4 comments:

Arlene said...

This one is right up my ally - easy & (seems like it will be) very sugary!

Michelle P said...

Super good! I made this for a beach trip and it was gobbled up! Thanks for sharing.
Have you ever tried doing all honey instead of part honey, part sugar? Just curious if it would come out. Maybe it would be too much honey flavor. I'll let you know if I try it.
Michelle

Michelle P said...

So so good! I just made this again and am gobbling it up! My kids love it too!

Eryn said...

mmm, I love this recipe! did you ever try with all honey? I thought it might be too sticky that way...but oh sooo good!