Thursday, August 14, 2008

Chocolate Zucchini Bread

Need another way to use up all that zucchini? Dee, I know it's comin' out your ears right now....with what.....30 plants or something crazy like that?!!!

Chocolate Zucchini Bread

1 cup oil
2 cups sugar
2 cups grated zucchini
3 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
6 oz chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
3 Tbs Cocoa
1/4 tsp baking powder
3 tsp vanilla

Stir together oil, sugar and zucchini. Add flour, soda, salt, cocoa, and baking powder. Mix well. Stir in chocolate chips, vanilla and nuts. Put into (2) greased and floured loaf pans. Bake at 325 for 1 hour or until toothpick comes out clean. Remove from oven and let set 10 minutes, and then turn out on rack to cool

Note: No eggs are used in this recipe. Great for those with egg allergies.

6 comments:

Dee said...

I'm so spoiled! Yes, we planted 30zuchini plants then my MIL sent us another 10 plants (thinking that we didn't have anything in our garden). We got a late start on our garden but banking on good weather all the way through September and hoping first week of October. I'll be posting my zuchini recipes once I get through this wedding I'm catering. Speaking of which, what do you girlies do with so many zuchs? I want your recipes!

Enjoy the season, girlfriend! This sunshine feels good on this ole body!

meleea said...

leann - we grew up eating this a lot. one of my favorites! it is the same recipe my mom has.

Eryn said...

mmm, yum! I am so sad that i planted my zucchinis in too much shade and it stunted thier growth. I have NO veggies from them!

Julie D. said...

oh good!...ryan's aunt gave me a huge zucchini yesterday that she said is best for bread.

letty said...

I made this tonight and it was awesome!!! I think I like this as well as LeeAnns muffin recipe.
You can still call me Letty muffin buns.

Mara said...

I found a HUGE problem with this recipe...keeping my husband (and me) from eating both loaves in one sitting. One word: YUM!