Thursday, October 9, 2008

roasted balsamic vegetables with penne

Okay Julie, here you go.... It's not that I don't want to share, I'm just slow at this. Don't be turned off by the long list of ingredients, it's just cutting up a bunch of vegetables. The goat cheese mixed with warm roasted veggies is creamy and delicious!

1 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise and cut into 1/4 inch-thick slices

2 plum tomatoes, halved lengthwise and cut into 1/4 inch-thick slices (about 6 oz.) I find grape tomatoes work too

1 eggplant, cut into bite-size pieces (about 1 c.)

1 medium onion, cut into 1/4 inch-thick rounds

1 large red bell pepper, cut into 1/4 inch-wide slivers

4tbs. chopped basil, divided

4tbs. balsamic vinegar, divided

1tbs. Extra Virgin olive oil

1/4 tsp. salt

1/4 tsp black pepper

8oz. penne

2tbs. sour cream

1tbs goat cheese ( I always use more cheese!)

Preheat oven to 500

In a medium bowl, add zucchini, tomatoes, eggplant, onion, bell pepper, 2tbs basil, 2tbs vinegar, oil salt, pepper and toss.

place in a single layer on a cookie sheet lined with foil and bake for 15-20 min until vegetables are tender when pierced with a knife and just beginning to brown.

Cook pasta. Drain and transfer to a large bowl. Add sour cream, vegetables, 2tbs basil, 2tbs vinegar, and toss to combine.

Serve pasta and crumble goat cheese over the top

note* the recipe says to reserve 1/2C of the roasted veg. for another use another day ( put on baguette bread with cream cheese) I think it's fine to add all the vegetables to the pasta.

note* last time I made this I mixed in browned sausage, it was good!


3 comments:

Julie D. said...

yummy, thanks! I love this pasta.

Eryn said...

YUMMMY, I want this right now :)I will have to try it, I just bought stuff to make a "primavera" which is so similar, but with a creamy sauce, which is way more fattening! Maybe I'll make this instead. Do you get the cheese at TJ's?

Jennifer said...

Sorry I just got this now. Yes, I get the goat cheese at TJ's. They have good cheese prices and good variety too. You can also use feta cheese