Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Sourcream Sugar Cookies

While I can't eat these anymore (flour), these were always my favorite FROSTED sugar cookie. Yes, I have another favorite recipe to eat un-frosted. I'll share that one another time.

Cream together:
1 c. butter
3 eggs
1 3/4 c. sugar
1 t. vanilla

Sift together in large bowl:
5 c. flour
1/2 t. nutmeg
1 t. salt
1 t. baking powder

Mix together in small bowl:
1 c. sour cream
1 t. baking soda
(they will react and "foam" up.)

Alternate adding portions of dry mixture and sour cream mixture into butter mixture.
The dough is very soft. Chill for several hours or put in the freezer for about 20 minutes. Keep unused dough in the fridge while rolling out dough.

Bake @ 400 for 8-10 minutes.

1 comment:

Eryn said...

these are good!! I made them this week.