Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Pork Chops and Apples

This is a yummy one. I haven't made it in a long time but a friend asked for the recipe and it reminded me of it. How many of us have that great recipe that we just forget about? Organizational system for recipes is needed!!

Pork Chops and Apples

6 pork chops (1/2” thick. About 1 ½ lbs.)
3-4 apples, unpeeled and sliced
¼ c packed brown sugar
½ tsp cinnamon
2 Tbsp. butter

Heat oven to 350. Grease 9x13 pan.
Brown chops on medium heat about 5 minutes, turning once.

Place apples in baking dish. Sprinkle sugar and cinnamon. Dot with butter. Top with pork.

Cover and bake 1 hour or until pork is slightly pink in center and apples are done.

2 comments:

Lynne Paulus said...

I made this last week and it is delicious!

Dee said...

You posted this 2 years ago and I am just now discovering this recipe....shame on me! Boy I've been missing out. My family loved it. My kids practically licked their plates clean.
Thanks for this awesome recipe. Looking forward to making it as part of our family favorites!