Friday, April 3, 2009

Best Ever Banana Bread


Mix together these ingredients first:
3-4 (I usually use 4) very ripe bananas (think brown and spotty on the counter that no one wants to eat - you can also freeze the entire banana and pull out 4 and set them on the counter until they frost and then turn black - just cut off an end with your kitchen scissors and slide the banana "goo" into the bowl)
1/2 cup healthy oil (I use EVOO but you could use another type of oil, too)
3/4 cup 100% maple syrup (not the Aunt Jemima variety)- (*if you don't have real maple syrup you can add 1 cups of sugar but increase the water to 6 TBSP)
1/2 teaspoon vanilla (real is best)
3 TBSP water
Once blended in mixer add the following mixed together dry ingredients:
2 cups flour (I use all-purpose but you could try whole wheat or another variety)
1/2 t. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 t. baking soda
Once blended you can add 1/2 c. nuts (pecans or walnuts) if you like or, as I do, a small handful of chocolate chips.
Spray two normal loaf pans with non-stick cooking spray and bake your 2 loaves at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes.
Enjoy!

2 comments:

Dee said...

Best Ever... is darn right; especially when you are pregnant.
Thank you Tamara for posting this. I had some pretty rotten bananas and thought I should check MOMS blog to see if Tam posted her famous recipe. Holy moly, how spoiled am I! Absolutely love this recipe!
I only had white chocolate chips...Devine. I am going to throw some blueberries my next batch and perhaps another recipe while waiting for my bananas to rot, I'm going to use a can of pumpkin!
Love this blog!

Dee said...

I make mini muffins with this recipe. I tend to get 28-32 mini-muffins.